It's saturday night and i'm sitting in my room, after a few episodes of That 70s Show and getting excited when limewire manages to leach onto hosts to provide me with entertainment in the form of Scrubs. As a friend put it, Kelso and Fez have been the high point of my last few days. However, thanks to another friend, who happens to be very enterprising, arabia has turned into a land of possibilities. Quote the right price and one can land up with things you never dreamed possible on this side of the Arabian sea (and no, I'm not talking about anything related to women, please). Anyway, due to this dear friend, I have managed to be happy for the past few days, and god willing, will remain so till my remaining days here (which I think are coming to an end pretty darn soon).
Come to think of it, now I have second thoughts about the excitement attached to a trip back to Bombay. That city man. A lousy house (which hopefully we'll do something about soon), the horrible train rides (which no one can do anything about), the never-stopping thunder showers & auto drivers who will take you only to places that's at least 10 kms away (yes, again, no luck in these two cases as well). Yuck. To give up a great villa, ironed shirts lying in the closet, an aircon cab ride to work, food waiting for you when you get back from work, a Jacuzzi, blah, blah. Damn.
I’ve been getting too used to the land of no intoxication. I wonder, could this be because of my industrious friends? All said and done, if one manages to subtract the dumb arabs, the fact that wine and women are part of your wildest fantasies & that one’s in a desert, this place is aint half bad.
Come to think of it, now I have second thoughts about the excitement attached to a trip back to Bombay. That city man. A lousy house (which hopefully we'll do something about soon), the horrible train rides (which no one can do anything about), the never-stopping thunder showers & auto drivers who will take you only to places that's at least 10 kms away (yes, again, no luck in these two cases as well). Yuck. To give up a great villa, ironed shirts lying in the closet, an aircon cab ride to work, food waiting for you when you get back from work, a Jacuzzi, blah, blah. Damn.
I’ve been getting too used to the land of no intoxication. I wonder, could this be because of my industrious friends? All said and done, if one manages to subtract the dumb arabs, the fact that wine and women are part of your wildest fantasies & that one’s in a desert, this place is aint half bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment